About Catherine Freshley
Hi! Thank you for visiting my website. I am thrilled that you are here. My name is Catherine Freshley and I live with my husband in Portland, Oregon -- our hometown. I love to paint and I love to make colorful art that makes people happy.
Visit my art gallery in Portland, Oregon.
FIVE THINGS I AM PROUD OF:
- Making a living as an artist. There is still some BS out there about starving artists. Not into it.
- Having my work in multiple healthcare facilities. I hope my landscapes bring patients and their loved ones a little bit of peace, or at least a place to rest their eyes.
- Working my tail off at Tulane to graduate summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with an honors degree. I majored in economics and English and completed a minor in business.
- Sharing business advice with other artists so they too can follow their dreams.
- Knowing that my collectors are wonderful people. It is such an honor to have my work in their homes.
FIVE EXTRA FACTS:
- I worked in brand and digital strategy at an ad agency for seven years.
- My husband is my high school sweetheart.
- I love going to concerts and I love dancing – even more than painting. The first concert I went to, at age 14, was Tom Petty. The most recent concert I went to was Raphael Saadiq.
- My favorite food is a cold, hard-boiled egg cut in half with salt and pepper.
- When I am feeling overwhelmed or unsure of what task to tackle next, the best solution is to get outside for a run. It always clears my head and exercise is never a bad idea. My preferred running temperature is 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
MY DREAM PAINTING PROJECT:
I looove good food and drink and traveling. I really appreciate design and branding, and have a big thing for trendy restaurants and hotels where every detail is considered. My dream project would be to create the art for a new restaurant or hotel.
BRANDS I AM PROUD TO HAVE WORKED WITH
Catherine Freshley is a landscape painter from Portland, Oregon. Freshley is endlessly inspired by and in constant awe of our natural surroundings. She responds most to scenes of “normal,” yet spectacular, beauty – but the openness of flat land, the highways that stretch across it and the expansive skies above it all. Freshley aims to capture and preserve the beauty of these everyday scenes and whether of vast, clear skies or dramatic cloud formations, her paintings transport the viewer to places that are familiar and comfortable. Her paintings are representative, but she omits intricate detail, allowing viewers to layer their own memory and meaning onto her paintings.
Freshley has a degree in economics and English from Tulane University in New Orleans. She worked for a New Orleans-based advertising agency for seven years and now spends most of her time as an artist and occasionally consults in brand and digital advertising strategy. Freshley has taken art classes at Tulane, University of Oregon, Southwest School of Art in San Antonio, and Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, and has studied with Marc Hanson.
Freshley’s work can be found in the homes of collectors across the country. Corporate clients include Oklahoma City Thunder, Kimray, Stillwater Medical, NBC Bank, Crowe & Dunlevy, Villagio Senior Living/Choice Capital Partners, LLC and Enid’s Central National Bank Center.
The Oregonian – "In nod to pre-pandemic life, Portland coffee shop art shows return..."
The Oregonian – “Five Things To Do This Week”
Oklahoma Magazine – "Life on Canvas"
Tulanian – Impression Catherine Freshley
KAKE TV – "Catherine Freshley and Studio School Final Friday"
KAKE TV – “Autumn & Art Artist – Catherine Freshley”
West Elm Front + Main – "LOCAL POP-UP AT WEST ELM OKLAHOMA CITY!"
The American Scholar – "Portrait of the Artist: Catherine Freshley - Where the Wind Comes Sweeping"
Roominate a pictureframes.com blog – "Artist Spotlight: Catherine Freshley"
Enid News and Eagle – "Thunder commissions painting by Enid artist for Chesapeake Energy Arena"
Enid News and Eagle – "The Sky's the Limit, and the Inspiration, for Enid artist"
405 Magazine – "Showing your home's soul with art"
Spokesman-Review – "The Verve: Catherine Freshley preserves beauty of landscapes through her work"
The Oklahoman – "Norman art walk to feature Flower Power Market"
Enid Buzz – "CREATIVE ARTS PRESENTS CATHERINE FRESHLEY"